Why Are You Not Normal?

Purpose provides a direction for life; you know what you want to express or achieve and look for ways of doing that. Purpose is different to goals. A purpose relates to the road to be travelled, whereas goals are the stops along the way. When the direction you are taking is significant and worthwhile to you, your life has meaning. Christiana Star



Living by the status quo for me is now more difficult based on the choices I have made over the past few years. In this case I am referring to having a 9-5 job and all the trappings associated with it
Based on my "situation" after going to financial institutions they ask me "how are you able to live?" And all I can think about is "The Universe provides" but of course, when I mention that there is either an uncomfortable laugh or an uncomfortable silence. This week I went to a financial institution to get information about purchasing a property and was met with the same questions
How do you live?
You really have nothing of substance
I go through this every time and, confessions on the journey, it creates quite a bit of dount on whether or not I have made the right choices thus far.
And when I think about my life I come back to the questions
Am I doing what I want to do?
Are all my needs met?
Do I have have food, clothing and shelter?
Am I having fun?
Are the intentions behind what I am doing clear and pure?
If all of the answers are yes, the doubt subside
Can I make better choices? Yes I can
Can I live a different life? Of course I can
Do I want to? Depends on how I want to feel because my feelings are the guides to achiving the life that I want

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism