A new perspective on Life's Tests

 All the hard conversations, boundaries, and self-reflection will keep challenging you because you're not quite sure how to do it all yet! And as you do it more and more, it will get easier because you will get stronger! You will build the skills! You just gotta keep going. You gotta keep choosing! Mark Groves 





I was listening to on of my favorite spoken word artist - The Floacist. She was giving her take on "life's tests" and similarly to Iyanla Vazant, another one of the wise teachers that I learn from, she was of the view that we cannot fail. 
Each time a "test" comes we gain some knowledge and it adds up, is useful and can be used for the next life "test". We don't lose the "points" and have to start from zero. We also have a lifetime in which to learn and master these lessons.

I resonated with this perspective because it suggests that returning tests, not only can I handle it, once I pay attention, I have an opportunity to use the "notes" from the last time with absolutely no pressure to ace the test in one go and stress out on how "bad I am at life". 
There is always something useful to take forward to our next life lesson, our next "test" .When the test returns, we can now rest in the assurance that we can handle it, we have some experience and most importantly, we cannot fail.
What will happen is you will be given many opportunities to resit. 

Life is always talking to us, guiding us, warning us, loving us
Its really up to us to pay attention.
Peace and Blessings




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism