October - When the Scales Tip
How do we know when life is balanced?
I do not think balance is found in perfectly level scales.
In fact, I am not sure I want perfectly level scales.
Because life is not lived that way.
There are seasons when work demands more. Seasons when grief asks more of us. Seasons when our healing becomes our full-time commitment. Seasons when joy takes up all the room.
The scales tip.
And perhaps they are supposed to.
The question is not whether they tip.
The question is whether they are tipping toward what matters.
Balance, for me, is not perfection.
It is awareness.
It is knowing where my energy is going and deciding whether that investment aligns with the life I want to build.
Balance is flexibility.
Balance is rest without earning it first.
Balance is knowing when to give a wholehearted yes and when to offer a firm no.
Balance is boundaries.
Balance is discipline.
Balance is understanding that not everything deserves equal access to me.
Some things must be held closely.
Some things must be released.
Some things must wait.
This month, I am not trying to keep every scale perfectly even.
I am paying attention to what deserves more weight.
More time.
More care.
More intention.
And just as importantly, what deserves less.
Because balance is not about carrying everything.
It is about carrying the things that matter.
And when the scales tip toward what nourishes, strengthens, heals, and aligns us with our purpose, perhaps that is not imbalance at all.
Perhaps that is wisdom.
Peace and Blessings

Comments
Post a Comment