Fly High Toni

1. Whatever the work is, do it well—not for the boss but for yourself 2. You make the job; it doesn’t make you 3. Your real life is with us, your family 4. You are not the work you do; you are the person you are Toni Morrison

Toni Morrison made me want to read more. In fact, she made me want to read period. When I first picked up the book The Bluest Eye, I was captivated by it, I did not understand it at first, and so wanted to. I sat with it for a long time and concluded that I must read more. I just read more and more books, which I think literally saved me.

Toni Morrison made me want to be brave, the things she said were so bold and audacious. I thought that this is a woman who I can pattern after if only, if only, I was brave enough. When I read her story I realised, I could be brave enough to, I would just have to believe in myself.

Toni Morrison made me write, indirectly. I think the influence of reading her books, seeing some of myself in the stories and feeling pride in it sparked something in me about self love, self belief and courage.

Toni Morrison has left us gifts, she has left the world all these gifts
I want to honour her by also leaving gifts for those who are coming behind me. By being courageous, believing in myself and showing up real.
Thank you Toni
May you R.I.P

Peace

We Lead in Guyana, come join us

Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Follow Akosua on



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism