Happy Emancipation Day TnT!



 “The secret of life is to have no fear; it’s the only way to function.” Kwame Ture




Today is Emancipation Day in Trinidad and Tobago, a celebration of when the slaves were freed, the capital city of Port of Spain comes together in a celebration of colour and sound through a procession from the point at where the freedom proclamation was read to Freedom Village. This was the first year that I experienced it. The sun as blazing hot, the people were dancing and signing, the children were smiling, the music and drums were undeniable and the faship - so much bold colours and statements of royalty
I felt privileged to be a part of this where I could honour my ancestors in such a way!



May I always remember the ground upon which I stand.
May I always remember I walk with thousands
May I always remember because of you. I can
May I always honour myself by honouring what you have done
May I always remember & know that nothing and no-thing can stop me.
May I always remember that it is never our circumstances but rather our thoughts about our circumstances that determine our power to transform them.
We have the power either way
The power to use against ourselves.or the power to free ourselves.
May I always remember that wildest dreams come true
I.as I live now. Was your wildest dream come true.
I honour that. Always
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism