Take Your Power Back

Your thoughts are powerful. Your stories are powerful. Tell a story about power and agency, see yourself and the people in your world as powerful, able to participate in miracles that transform themselves and their world, and you lend them your power. Hiro Boga

I wanted to test this theory of powerful thoughts and telling myself powerful stories. I decided to do it with during a long run. Running is an activity that has now become a part of my life, I can safely say it was never something that I was interested in or loved, only because I felt that I would not be able to do it.
On the 10K route yesterday I decided to think and tell myself only powerful thoughts.
There is a particular part of the hill that I walk because I believed it was hard, I would burn out and plainly that I would not be able to make it
And so began by power thought test - you can do it was the mantra. I also invited the negative thought in then replaced it with the mantra as soon as it surfaced. At the end of the run, the trainer said to me - "you looked really comfortable running the hills" well well well apart from the continuous run without stopping I was told this as confirmation of the how powerful our thoughts are.

The next time you are in a situation that is uncomfortable, unknown, scary, you don't know what to do, pay attention to the language you speak, the thoughts you tell yourself. Flip the script and remember you are powerful, your thoughts are powerful.

Holding on to the statements such as
"This is just how I am"
"I cannot deal with this"
"I refuse to deal with this"
sends a message that you have decided to give up your power.
Take your Power Back!
Peace

Come Join us in Guyana



Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Follow Akosua on
Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism