The Duality of Self

 Self-acceptance has been the greatest gift I have ever given myself. In it, I have found peace amongst the chaos within me. Because of it, I can permit others to be more of themselves too. Stacy Herrera

I am naturally open to listen, but insanely private.

I crave intimate moments, but I find intimate acts can sometimes be intimidating. 

Sometimes I avoid eye contact because I want to remain invisible as much as I want to be seen.  An then... Anonymity, I have learnt, triggers me. 

Connection and solitude is high on my list of priorities . Reading is one my favorite things to do , mainly because that is the only activity that allows me to do both simultaneously. 

Some days I wake up with my heart overflowing with gratitude and excitement. And other days, I struggle to wake up because I feel anxious and imposter syndrome takes over.

I am inspired by people with lots of  genuine friends, I feel also that it may include some serious work.

A few friends will do just fine for me.  Especially when they accept me for the choices that I make, and are open to sharing open and authentic feedback minus judgement and projection. I refuse to read minds.

All this duality can be confusing, even to me.

My optimism is consistent. The perpetual half-full glass never empties, even on days when the proverbial shit hits the fan. I fall and get back up, with the occasional lag. I see opportunity in disappointment. And I am convinced that I can do it my way, even when my way is not working.

Yes, I follow my intuition and to some that means that I come across as stubborn. 

Self Acceptance leads to recognizing that choices are not always linear, or one way. This helps in me leaving out the judgement of self when making decisions. All of  you, every part of our existence has meaning and lessons, when we ignore and judge we lose the gifts and the lessons.

We are constantly changing, it would be futile to resist it.

Peace

(Inspired by Stacey Herrera)

 Download the Free Gift 

From Intentions to Actions - A Free Workbook


New Course From Akosua

The Journey to Self can be a delightful adventure of self-discovery. Join us as we journal through our experiences, lessons and triumphs back to Self.

A 365 Day Journey to Self

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism