The Mind is Convincing

 The mind will craft a story that feels like truth out of the fragmented pieces it picked up. However farfetched, the mind is convincing. Stacey Herrera




Have you ever had the experience where you made up a story about a situation before either knowing the facts, checking within, or having to wait until you speak to the other person? Confessions on the Journey - making up stories was my thing! I would craft a best seller, an academy award winning story and most times there would be villains and bad guys who I would have to conquer. Then I would retreat because I felt either stressed or panicked to deal with "the story I made up" 

What I have learnt is making up a story with no facts, no truth, no self belief, no responsibility leads to unnecessary worry and stress. I have also learnt that the conversation is usually mush easier than the story made up before it.

I have also learnt to be in awareness of the thoughts that I dwell on. Simply by asking "What am I thinking in this moment?" draws me back to the present moment. Getting still and asking that minus judging ourselves centres us to a space where we are focused on the outcome rather than the fear. Being in awareness take s practice, when you find yourself making up stories to avoid, deny and rationalize nonsense, ask yourself" What am I thinking in this present moment?"

Peace


Journal Prompt - What are you consistently telling yourself?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism