Seek Ye First

 Self Acceptance is ongoing and ever evolving. Seek ye first   - Phylicia Rashad





Who you are does not depend on anything outside of you. Let  me say that again. who you are does not depend on where you live, what you drive, where you work, and on and on and on

It's challenging to believe that given the world that we live in, what I have learnt is that it all starts inside of me.

Love - Inside of me

Forgiveness - Inside of me

Self Value - inside of me

Discipline - Inside of me

There is no where I have to go, no THING I have to buy, get, chase, own that will bring it to me

No one can heal for you, eat for you, exercise for you, sleep for you. It's you. All you

You are that powerful!

When we accept who we are, in all of our flaws and all our glory - we make decisions that reflect that level of acceptance and resilience. 

.With acceptance comes responsibility

With Self Acceptance comes the willingness to own, experience, and take responsibility for our thoughts, feelings, and actions, without evasion, denial, or disowning — and also without self-repudiation; the virtue of realism applied to the self. Think of how much less self judgement will come when we accept ourselves, think about the quality of decisions we can make when we do not have to look outside of us for acceptance and validation.

Powerful stuff

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism