Who Does Your Thinking For You?

God gave you a mind to think with & a heart to love with, marry them together & make a difference in this world. Guided Revelation


Four days into the Journey to Self Reflection and boy oh boy things have been coming up that I have been laughing, screaming, chuckling and shaking my head at some of the decisions and choices that I make out of habits, fear, comfort and old tapes.

The intention of this month for me is to reflect on the decisions that I make, and hold myself accountable for them. To pay attention to the times when I am making decisions based on the past, patterns, remaining comfortable and fear. And how do they impact my life.

I am ready to do something new and doing something new requires being mindful, taking action and not repeating mindlessly what I do expecting the a different result.

This approach has been  stripping me of everything that I think I am. 

What I have learned is:

1. You are able to see things differently when you "do your own thinking" - who told you that you are the way you are? who told you can and cannot? who's permission are you waiting on to do what you know you need to do.

2. Without external validation will you continue to do what you do, or stop what you are doing? If you need nothing but wanting to hold yourself accountable, you are becoming self aware.

3. Sometimes the answers only come in silence.

4. Making up stories is a way to delay facing the truth.

5. Denial, deception will not help in honest self reflection.


I am so excited to learn more on this Journey!

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism