I’m gathering up all my little C-words

 Whether it’s a Crisis, Cleansing, Clarifying, or Claiming, I’m gathering up all my little C-words as I steep in what feel like big and ruthless decisions. Chela Davidson


My grandmother transitioned from this life last week, at eighty eight years old, she was able to see many generations grow in front of her eyes - what a blessing!

I would consider her to be the glue that held us all together, now that the glue is now unstuck, there seems to be a gap left to be filled.

Lessons on the Journey during the process of putting my beloved Sheils to rest:

1. Everyone handles grief differently. Respect everyone's process.

2. Someone will emerge as the glue to hold the family together if you let them. Keep an open mind to embrace a different type of glue.

3. Grief is all the love you have inside that has no where to go but ends up in your chest and explodes as tears or lump in your throat.

4. Go through and grow through the feelings, rather than hide, avoid, dismiss, deny them.

5. Celebrate the life and legacy of your loved one as they transition.

Thank you Sheils, Love never dies, it just changes form

Peace 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism