When we go back to what?

 No matter how we engage the future it will never be the same again. You will never be the same. Alica M. Rodriguez

2021 picked up where 2020 left off, still quite a bit of uncertainty and many many changes due to the pandemic, exposure of systematic racism and natural disasters such as the Soufriere volcano in St Vincent and the Grenadines.

I have heard many times, and even said it myself  sentences and statements that begin with or include- "when we go back" or "when the pandemic ends"  

When we go back to what?

What if the pandemic continues for a long time?

What if this is our life for a little bit.

I asked myself these questions and vowed to be more present in the moment rather than think about "going bac" and "waiting" 

I made a vow to be use what is in front of me rather than complaining about what is gone and cannot come to me

I promised myself to feel all the feelings but not take up residence in them. They will be used as guides

I will be a demonstration.

I am ready

Peace

Akosua's Latest Book is Available 

Order Now What? on Amazon

Order Now What? at Barnes and Noble

Order Now What? Balboa Press




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism