Self Reflection

 Self-reflection is the habit of deliberately paying attention to your own thoughts, emotions, decisions, and behaviors. Nick Wignall


Deliberately paying attention - I am learning how to deliberately pay attention to how and what I am doing or not doing in the present moment. It is almost like stepping outside of myself to see how I am responding in every situation I face.

Creating new habits take time and discipline. It is very easy to stay where we are because of uncertainty, comfort and fear. Doing the same thing over and over is more times easier than doing a new thing. What if I fail, what if it does not work comes to my mind until I become self aware, until I self reflect that doing something new takes time and consistency to get to a point of comfort. 

Self Reflection is holding a mirror up to ourselves, there are times we may love what we see and there are times when we see something that requires some work, some changes, some refinement. Can we move to new mirror, break the mirror or ignore? Yes we can, those actions will not make the thing disappear. What may happen is someone comes along and points it out to us. If we are not ready, we react in unhealthy ways, we deny, resist, fight and ignore.  This type of behavior will not always turn out well for you.

Self reflection gets easier with practice, we learn to accept, feel and work with ourselves minus the judgement.

The process requires, openness, willingness, courage and time and an authentic tribe.

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism