Health is also what you think about yourself

 Health is a sense of being that allows you to live productively as you pursue your purpose. Health is a complete physical, mental , emotional, spiritual and social wellbeing, is not merely the absence of illness. Your body is nourished and nurtured and your spiritual is aligned with something bigger than you.   Health is also about what you think and feel about yourself in addition to being physically sound. Iyanla 




Confessions on the Journey. When I start feeling ill, a bout of terror comes over me, a type of fear. Its a combination of me thinking that something is "wrong" with me or I swing fully into the "what if's?" Living alone, "the what if's" come around to haunt me. What if something happens and no one knows? What if no one can come to me in a timely fashion, and on and on and on. Making up stories! 

Reframing what health and healing is have moved me from the place of terror to a place of hope. Stopping the making up of stories, I 

The lesson here has been about perspective. How do I view a situation? How do I show up in a situation. How do I define health? And how do I demonstrate my definition of health? 

I have decided to choose healing. Rather than focus on the fear of losing my health and all the stories and what if's, I have decided that I will chose to focus on the well being of my mind, body and soul and use any deviations from that as sign posts, lessons and guides to support how I live my best life. Am I eating well? Am I resting well? Do I have a relationship with the Divine, the Most High? Am I exercising, going to the dentist, having my check ups done? This is now my focus, rather than the fear.

Today I start a new journey. The reframing of what health means.

Will you join me? 

Peace

Akosua's Books

Nyabo(Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on The Journey to Unconditional Love


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism