Change the way you tell the story

Life humbles you. As you grow old, you stop chasing the big things and start valuing the little things. Alone time, enough sleep, a good diet, long walks, and quality time with loved ones. Simplicity becomes the ultimate goal.


I found self love in Uganda Because of group of ladies led by a warrior called Josephine. Because of walking in nature. Because of the universe. Because I worked on it. Because I went within for it. Because I was willing to look at my fear and shit and heartbreak and failure directly in the eyes, ugly and all, and choose love anyway. Because of solitude, I finally had time to know what self love meant. And everything changed, in the way life felt. Yet nothing changed, because all its hardships were still there. I just changed the way I told my life's story

Instead of getting rejected and deciding “I am not good at that...” self love allowed me to get rejected and instead decide or think “that was not good for me.” Setback was no longer about me or my worth and qualification.
Every single one of our souls has the ability to find true self love. Many of you already have. It’s not a guarantee, unless you’re willing to do it

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism