The Root of Self Help is Self

 The root of self-help is self, but if your help only helps you, then is it helpful? Stacey Herera


Confessions on the Journey, I think about how many self help books, courses, podcasts and seminars I have been on and sometimes wonder in some moments of challenge whether  I am living my life to reflect what I have learnt!

Seriously though, who is with me? How many times have I thought - and this is the thing right here- my thinking. I had thoughts that were less than, far far less than wholesome.

The judgements, the cynicism, the snarkiness, the anger  that rises in me, I sometimes think

OMG this is not progressive or spiritual AT ALL. 

What I can say is this, the lessons have been important, I feel so grateful for them all

1. Practice, practice, practice - every opportunity I get, I practice being kind, having hard conversations, staying grounded - practice makes masters

2. Release the self judgement - another practice! when we judge ourselves, it becomes easy and sometimes natural to judge others.

3. Reward yourself when you get it! - keeps the motivation high

4. Remember that mistakes and missteps will be made, especially if it is a new process or breaking a habit. I read somewhere that it takes 30 to 40 days to break free from habits.

5. Most importantly, love yourself through it.

Peace

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism