Feel. Deal. Heal

Owning your power also means owning the responsibility for your happiness and for your healing. Yung Pueblo 



This is what I learned about owning my power that blew my mind - when I take responsibility for the feelings I feel, I have more power and choice. Rather than blaming others for how I feel which I have learnt really is giving away  the power of choice.

Yes, people hurt us, yes there are situations that are outside of our control, yes there are people out there doing crazy things. The power and choice lies in how we respond. 

It happened, now what?

Acknowledgement  -It happened, let me acknowledge that I do feel hurt, angry, upset, happy, joyful, shame guilt, what ever the feeling is. That is the first step in taking my power back.

Feel the feelings- rather than mask them, run from them, hide them, stuff them down in food, and other distractions.

Affirmation - Affirm to yourself that you will be okay no matter what.

Ask yourself - what have I learned from this?

Rev Deborah L Johnson says the formula is Feel, Deal. Heal

There can be no healing without feeling. For us to feel we have to acknowledge that we do feel a certain type of way.

Constantly pointing the finger at other people will never make your stress go away. 

According to Yung Pueblo, often, what other people do has very little to do with us and a lot to do with how they currently feel and the density of the emotional history they themselves carry.

Taking responsibility for our healing is an important step in moving forward and most importantly peace of mind

My intention is to be at peace


Akosua's Books



 IG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Redefinition of Lose