Choose Your Desires

 No one has to choose you, pick you, give you the opportunity…. YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE YOUR DESIRES BACK.. This is because the universe is always giving us opportunities to get to where we say we want to goIfakorede





When I saw this quote, I kid you not, I stopped for a moment because it screamed at me.

There have been so many times that I said to myself and to others the words "I want to be chosen" or "no one chooses me"  Even saying them now I cringe because I can confess that saying it came from a place of believing that I had to prove to others that I am , I was worthy to be chosen. 

Now I know - that is a load of rubbish. I wanted to be seen and chosen as a child, when I felt that I was not I found ways to be seen - over achieving being the main one or sometimes shutting down so others would ask me if I was okay

As an adult it manifested itself in people pleasing - I would do any and everything to be cool, to be calm, to be liked in relationships, at work, and sometimes in friendships. When we act from that space, there are very little boundaries  and a lot of resentment. 

So seeing today that no one has to choose me, I choose myself - yes indeed that was a direct message and eye opener.

The people that came into my life and "did not choose me" - that was an opportunity to choose myself

The jobs that "did not choose me" - that was an opportunity to choose me

The opportunities that "did not choose me" - that was a sign to wake up and choose myself

Now I know, I am practicing to choose Self, minus fear and ego


Peace and Blessings

  Akosua's Books



 IG



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Redefinition of Lose