Is Entertainment your prison?

 The more stimulation you have, the more you will feel you need. Entertainment can become its own form of prison. Mark Manson 

Have you ever been sucked into scrolling on social media?

 Have you had the experience of going on social media with a specific objective and there you are  hours later down a rabbit hole? This I will confess has been how my days have been going lately. Stimulated by social media at the expense of doing what I am supposed to be doing- it just never seems like enough, I go deep into the abyss and before I know it, hours have passed.

Seeing Mark Manson's quote today made a lot of sense.  The more I see, the more I want, And anything out of balance will not work to our advantage.

Balance and Harmony are essential for our lives to remain on course. Life has a way of reminding us when we get out of balance through our actions and the consequences of those actions. 

Sometimes we just need to be still. To sit with the stillness, the boredom, the quiet

There are so many lessons and messages in the quiet, in the stillness, in the boredom.

Sit with it, get familiar with it, listen to it. 

There is something called a sacred pause that is truly divine guidance

Peace and Blessings


  Akosua's Books



 IG



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Redefinition of Lose