Receiving Feedback Without Losing Yourself
There is a moment,right between hearing the feedback and deciding what to do with it,where you decide how it impacts you. Yesterday, I found myself right there. Someone I respect deeply offered me some home truths, and my first instinct was not noble or graceful. I slipped straight into victim mode. My chest tightened, my mood dropped, and I started telling myself stories about giving up.
But here’s the thing: I caught myself.
And that catching is growth.
That catching is discipline.
That catching is transcendence in real time.
Because I genuinely want to evolve. I want to be someone who doesn’t crumble at the first sign of discomfort. I want to be someone who can hold feedback without letting it define me. And I believe, truly,that the feedback came by divine design. Right on time. Right when I needed it. Not to shame me, but to shape me.
Feedback is not the enemy.
For so long, I treated it like a threat. Something that meant I wasn’t good enough, smart enough, capable enough. But yesterday reminded me that feedback is simply information. It is not a verdict. It is not a punishment. It is not a prophecy.
It is a mirror.
And mirrors don’t lie, but they also don’t judge. They just reflect.
My feelings are allowed, but they are not the truth.
I felt the sting. I felt the sadness. I felt the urge to retreat. And I let myself feel it all because feelings are part of the human experience. But feelings are fleeting. They pass through. They leave feedback, not facts.
The fact is: I want to grow.
The fact is: I want to be better.
The fact is: I am committed to my own evolution.
And growth requires friction.
Discipline requires honesty.
Transcendence requires truth.
Moving forward, this is my posture:
Feedback is a tool.
Feedback is a teacher.
Feedback is a divine nudge.
I will no longer treat it as a reason to spiral. I will treat it as a reason to rise. I will feel my feelings, but I will not let them take up residence. I will listen without collapsing. I will reflect without retreating. I will respond from a place of groundedness, not woundedness.
Because the version of me I am becoming,the disciplined, expansive, spiritually anchored version,needs feedback. She welcomes it. She knows it is part of the journey. She knows that truth, even when uncomfortable, is a form of love.
And yesterday, I chose love over fear.
I chose growth over ego.
I chose myself.
That is the real feedback I am holding on to.
Peace and Blessings

Comments
Post a Comment