I am Not Alone

As forgiveness allows love to return to my awareness, I will see a world of peace and safety and joy.ACIM


I run almost every Saturday morning, same place, same time, like clockwork, I park in the same spot as well. Today I came back to see my car smashed, ramsacked and the contents gone! I stood motionless for a moment!
Really?
Ler me check, I walked back and forth to ensure that it was my car
Oh snap, it was my car!
The first thought was did I leave anything in plain sight only to see that all the cars around me were smashed as well! Okay then
I walked to where my peeps were parked and they immediately came to my assistance
Ok there is one positive
We went to the police station - they stayed with me
We went to repair the car - they stayed with me
Gave me cash as well
(mind you these peeps are not my friends, I just see them once a week on a Saturday we run together then say good bye I don't even have some of their phone numbers)
but they were there all the way
Grateful!

I did not get the car repaired, they did not have the required parts and all my financial transactions will have to remain undone until the morning but this I know for sure
I was never alone, it is a reminder- because confessions on the journey- the "alone" thought crosses my mind on frequent occasions - versions of, wow I live alone supposed somthing happens to me, who can I call when I require assistance (then a whole convo happens in my head about being a nuisance and taking responsibility for my life)
Today I was reminded that I am not alone and shit happens that I am not to take on as mine
It's strange that an event like this had to make it clear
What disappointed me the most today was missing my friend's wedding!
I so have to make it up to her
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism