Follow the Small Wins

If You can use anything Lord, You can use me Seobia Rivers

This week I am in St Kitts and Nevis again. The activity is to conduct two focus groups and follow up on a project which focuses on the sustainable livelihoods of fisher-folk.
I am always amazed by the lessons that I learn in very simple spaces
I woke up this morning with the intention of walking to the beach seeing the sun rise doing a video to share and then getting ready for the day.
Every picture and video was lost, then I took so much time to see if I could recover it I had to rush out to get something to eat before the transport came, and whole host of other events which threw the day completely off what I had planned.
When the transport came we set off to see the progress of the programme. Seeing it immediately changed my mood, the small wins, the growth, the hope, the small things which turned out to be the big things.
Sometimes it's easy to get trapped in how something is supposed to go and supposed to be, when it does not follow that pattern it is easy to get stressed it is even more stressful when the attempts to steer it back to where we want it to be fail. This I have learnt is when we must go with the flow
Flow meaning to follow the small wins, follow the good. Be open to the surrender.
It can totally transform the day... for the better
Peace
Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism