You are most powerful, most effective, when you are completely yourself.

You are most powerful, most effective, when you are completely yourself. Eckhart Tolle

Having to facilitate sessions with groups and organisations always pushes me out of my comfort zone, especially when the subject matter is either new to me or the participants are experts in the area.
For the past week I have had 4 sessions, blown out of my comfort zone.
Even with the tools and preparation, some self doubt set in. Would I make sense? How would they respond? Will they come back on the following days?
As I sat there contemplating and ruminating, I remembered the lesson of showing up, doing my best and being myself. This would be my strategy for the week.
Turns out, it worked for me.
What I did not know I said I did not, we worked it out
I felt more relaxed and I was able to be more at ease to do what I set out to do.
How many times do we want to impress at the expense of being themselves.
How many times do we follow someone else?
How many times do we silence ourselves due to fear?
How about just showing up?
As Yourself?
Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism