Awareness takes practice

 What you are not aware of, you cannot change - Deepak Chopra

Are your responses habitual or mindful?

Are your interactions balanced or out of balance?

Are you feeling connected or disconnected?

These are all questions which you must ask yourself in cultivating self awareness

In answering the questions, your level of honesty and authenticity must be super high minus any self judgement.

How do you respond when triggered? Do you even know when you are being triggered?

Is your response a mindful response or a habitual one?

I know now, that my habitual response is to withdraw, to put up a wall, and to become silent. 

Now t


hat I am aware of my habitual responses, having asked myself the questions, I can make a mindful response  the next time I am triggered. I can also identify my patterns and habits.

Why is being aware important? Because it saves us guilt, making up stories that are untrue and terrorizing, self judgement!

It also allows us to know myself better as I navigate challenging relationships.

Awareness takes time, courage, practice and honesty. We are all the better for it

Peace





NOW WHAT? Akosua's latest book

Available from March 2021

Preorder now



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism