Notice. Accept. Allow

 Notice. Accept. Allow - Olivia Jade


Confessions on the Journey - over the past few days I have been feeling overwhelmed. I have been feeling As if life has been running ahead of me and I am playing catch up in the back like:


Everything has slowed down, the running on a Sunday's, my writing . As far as people, I could do without having to deal with many of them, at the slightest invitation I am ready to mouth off and cut them off.

Is this because a long break is due or maybe overdue?

2020 has been a different type of year, filled with even more uncertainties and shifting, it has called me into a space of surrender - I must admit I liked the space. I enjoyed the surrender of control, of wanting things to be a certain way, of responsibility- many times for the things that are filled with no substance!

What I did not like is that once I got comfortable with surrender, I was called to "go back out into the world" I was angry and upset that I had to find another way of being - or did I?

I believed that I did.

So being called into an entirely new space, I resisted.

The result of this resistance are my feelings of overwhelm. I don't want to DO anything so I am NOT DOING IT!

What has been happening? Things have been slipping.

What I have learnt from these feelings of overwhelm?

1. Rest - Rest Yourself. Resting yourself involves more than sleeping. It involves quiet time, it involves self care, it involves unplugging and sitting with your feelings

2. Do not ignore the signs - what is your life reflecting back to you? Life loves you enough to reflect to you what you must pay attention to

3. Feel all of your feelings - Feelings buried alive don't die

I have moves swiftly to book a get away for some quiet time!

Thank you for your patience in the meantime

Peace


Akosua's New Book "Now What?" will be dropping in March



Pre Order Here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism