What Thoughts Keep You Company?

 Have you ever considered what thoughts camp out in your mind for longer times? What thoughts keep you company? Well, let's truly see. Here's an exercise that may sound like work, but could prove worthwhile. Write down whatever thoughts come to mind. Then start adding points every time you think about them. Tally for a week and see which thought has the highest points.  Mariel Busque



What are you thinking? It is a mantra that I use as a reminder. What I have learnt is, my thoughts can create my feelings then feed into the decisions that I make, the mood that I am in and how I show up in the day.

It starts with my thoughts, so when I catch myself in a funk, a bad mood, even when I am ill, I go back to the mantra "what am I thinking"

I pay attention to the thoughts that are floating around in my mind and those that I am giving attention.

Over the past few days my thoughts have been full of fear about how I am feeling in my body, I have been thinking only of the worst, rather than thinking about solutions, stopping the runaway fear and remember that my feelings and thoughts are guide.

When I stopped these fear based thoughts I went back to the mantra "What am I thinking?"

It allows me to stop, pay attention and regroup. To be mindful and focus on what is a story I made up as opposed to the truth.

What are you thinking?

Be mindful to the thoughts that you are having and how they impact your life.

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism