Your Mind Will Determine How You See It

 No matter what happens, or where you think an obstacle comes from, your mind will determine what you see and how you see it. If you call it a block, it’ll be a block. If you call it a challenge, you’ll see it as a challenge. If you call it a problem, you’ll have a problem on your hands. Iyanla Vanzant 



What are you thinking? This must be one of the most impactful questions I have used on my Journey to Clarity. When I ask myself this in the midst of a funk and even a crisis, it stops me from making another poor move. I  am now able to take on the role of observer in the situation rather than taking mindless or harmful.

Our thinking leads to our decisions. What I have learnt is, if its unconscious habitual thinking, we may dig into the past or we focus on protecting ourselves based on a memory. None of which has anything to do with the moment that we now find ourselves.

When we pay attention to our thoughts, we also pay attention to our words and our actions. Our mind can race away on its own beat, make up stories and act on those stories, many times none of them are true.

What I have also learned is when our thoughts, actions and words line up, our manifestations are clear. When we are thinking one thing, saying another and acting in contradiction of both or all, the Universe does not have clear guidance or instructions to follow. What shows up in our lives, as a result, is confusion.

When your mind is racing, when you are feeling out of sorts, when you are acting like a nutter, simply ask yourself in a kind and non judgmental manner - what are you thinking!

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism