Life is always on time

 I'm unlearning lack. I'm trusting in abundance. I'm unlearning scarcity. I'm trusting in abundance. this isn’t a new season, this is a new lifestyle. my luck won’t run out because it was never luck to begin with. this is a blessed life. a protected life. I'm believing in that. Iman Europe



Yesterday, there was a nationwide wide blackout for almost twenty four hours. This impacted our ability to access internet, water and a few other public utilities. Initially when the power was cut, I thought, ok, no worries, this will be an hour max. I downed tools and decided to take a break waiting for the power to be restored. An hour turned into two. I began getting hungry. With no access to social media, I was not fully aware of what was going on in the outside world. After 3 hours passed, I got a call  from a friend saying that power will be out for at least a few more hours. I needed to get food. Jumped in the car and went food hunting. All the places I would usually go, were shut tight. I found myself in a different space, the only spot that was opened.  I bought something to eat that I would not normally get - it really was not a normal day was it? 

I decided to sit still, to recognize that even in the midst of what was happening, all my needs were met. Trust me, this changed my entire outlook, recognizing that in this very moment I was good, I was taken care of. Even the meeting that I had with folks in Washington, it could not go on, I found a way to send them a message and it was rescheduled, easy as peasy. 

In the midst of so many seeming crises, if we pause, sit still and look around we would see that all our needs are met. It's the wants that we fuss over. What we want versus what we need. 

I have learnt when we are grateful for the needs, the wants get handled. Gratitude multiplies what is there.

The power eventually came back almost midnight, by that time I was so grateful for the full moon and the silence I did not even put my phone on nor check social media.

Life is always on time reminding us to pause and what is important.

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism