Are You Present?

 People are hard to talk to when: They don’t listen. They don’t create space for the other person to express themselves .They take over the conversation and make everything about them .They diminish what the other person is going through.  They don’t exercise emotional boundaries. Nedra Glover Tawwab

Simply put, we want to be heard, we want reciprocity.

ACIM has explained this in the way that I have resonated with the most. Giving is the same as receiving. There is no difference in the spiritual realm.

Are you giving your full attention and time to everything and every where you are? Confessions - I find myself thinking about what I want to say things I have to do, things  I did not do. All of which takes me further away from the present moment which is all that we have for sure.

Practice being where you are- fully

Its challenging now because of social media and instant messaging to remain present. It is still possible to practice being in the moment.

Practice active listening - being fully present

Practice giving your time 

Practice having nothing to prove only being present knowing that you are worthy 

Practice your boundaries, and keeping the boundaries of others.

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism