Creating from a Divine Space

 The ego is our sense of self-importance. It's the part of us that believes we are the center of the universe and that everything revolves around us. And while a healthy ego is essential (we all need to believe in ourselves), an overinflated ego can be destructive. Stacey Herera




Confessions on the Journey - I have been thinking -  a whole lot  lately- about my ego (the destructive part)

Why? Over the past few weeks I have been doing quite a number of interviews, meetings and meet ups. Some of them have not been going the way I anticipated.

Rejection is a bummer! Hearing no has been a reminder that keeping my self confidence high despite the appearances is important. Hearing no has also been one where I thought, how could they ever say no to me? This is where the ego stepped in. I mean after all, its me! Akosua!

Keeping everything in balance has been the challenge. Falling into a state of feeling depressed or falling into a state of self importance. Both can be destructive.

When the ego is out of balance, the result can be drama, unhealthy competition and escape usually through unhealthy mechanisms. 

How have I been dealing with these feelings?

1. Self Awareness - being aware of when the ego is coming out of balance and wanting more and more attention

2. Reminding myself that I get to choose how I tell the story, rejection or redirection? My choice

3.  Staying humble - practicing humility

4. Love yourself through it


Peace

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism