Dive into something that you tell yourself that it scares you

 What are the things in your life you’re most afraid of doing that would probably be good for you? What are the possibilities in your life that make you uncomfortable? What ideas are you avoiding or emotionally rejecting? Mark Hanson 



Today, I am making a commitment to do something new that scares me. This year I started by driving to the beach every week. I would not go to the beach because I was afraid of driving on the road to get there. Its a ling winding narrow road, with cliffs and drops. The views are breathtaking however I was always thinking that I may not be skilled enough to traverse those roads safely, so although I loved going to that particular beach, I would not go until someone offered to drive.

I had the great fortune of being driven to the beach on request, that relationship ended and I had to ask myself - shall I wait on someone to do the things I want to do because of fear? I resolved to give it a go and here I am months later with a routine and the ability to recognize that sometimes fear is all made up in my mind So as the year comes to an end I am resolving to add one more thing t the list that I have refused to do or acknowledge because of fear - a story that I made up.

Come on the Journey with me

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism