Rest and Play is Part of the Process

 Let’s talk about this relentless pace we’re all caught up in. The never-ending to-do list, the constant race to accomplish more. It’s like we're all sprinting a marathon. But here's the thing: life isn’t just about chasing tasks or racing against time. Science backs this up – rest and play are the secret to a healthier life. Nawal Mustapha 




As the 2023 calendar year winds down, I am in a reflective mood. I really want to rest and play and honor myself through that process. There are many demands on our time along with the feeling of wanting to prove ourselves/our worth to everyone, wanting to prove how strong we are and in control.

These demands can push us to say yes when we really want to or must say no. This process can lead to resentment, guilt and shame. We have to practice setting up and keeping boundaries, we have to practice honoring ourselves and the process. We have to practice showing up for ourselves.

According to Iyanla Vanzant," if you are at a place in your life where you are evolving or making a shift, I urge you to move into this new season with your eyes and heart wide open -- and with the support that you need."

I am looking at rest and play as an essential part of how I grow, evolve, achieve the life I want to live. This process supports in how I handle setbacks and disappointment.  It impacts on how I show up in the world to do the work that the Most High has appointed for me to do.

My  intention is to make rest and play a habit, a part of my lifestyle starting now. It is my intention to prioritize these actions to ensure that I feel at peace, feel strong enough to live a life filled with uncertainty.

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism