Ask Yourself: How Does It Serve You?

Father, I ask for nothing but the truth. I have had many foolish thoughts about myself and my creation, and have brought a dream of fear into my mind. Today, I would not dream. I choose the way to You instead of madness and instead of fear. For truth is safe, and only love is sure ACIM

I keep going back to one of my favourite questions
How does this serve you?

It starts a movement in my mind to question some of the things that I am doing which are really quite foolish

How does it serve you to be dishnonest to both myself and others?
How does it serve you to carry around self doubt?
How does it serve you to hide from the truth?
How does it serve you to eat junk continuously?
How does it serve you to have no boundaries?
How does it serve you to not forgive yourself and others?
How does it serve you to live in denial?

Once you are doing these things, it is serving something in you
Many times it is guilt - your own and others
with guilt, someone must be punished
many times we punish ourselves because the other party may have already moved on, not know that we are over here stewing in our own mad pot or just plain don't give a toss but we persist!
So ask yourself over and over and listen for the response, many times we ignore the response because it is not something that we particularly like- doesn't mean that it is not the answer

Pay attention and know that it's all good
Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism