Silver Linings

“When we attach value to things that aren’t love—the money, the car, the house, the prestige—we are loving things that can’t love us back. We are searching for meaning in the meaningless.” Marianne Williamson

This morning I did my usual Sunday ritual, go to the West Coast with my buddy to run then head to the Hyatt for a peanut punch, talk  a little bit the head home to watch football.

Two lovely things happened today, I bumped into one of my favourite people who was staying at the Hyatt having come to visit for a week, she joined us as we sat sweaty after our exercise! At that point I got a message saying that my wallet, which was stolen yesterday was found with my driver's permit and identification card! I could pick it up at the police station at my convenience as someone found it and turned it in! That made me so happy, mainly because knowing that good samaritans still exist and I would avoid the inconvenience of running around to get new identification documents sorted!
Letting go is a hell of a thing, surrender is some type of super power, it denotes trust in the Universe. It shows that we know for sure that when we let go. something else will fill the void - and it is way less stress, trust me!
How many times have we fought and fought to hold on, to wish that things were different, to keep what we had when not only is it gone, but it's causing us hell!

I let go of the things that were stolen on Saturday, after my initial upset! I made up my mind that I would have to go through the process of getting back all the documents that I lost and at that moment  I got the message that the documents were found and turned in to the cops! It made receiving the call even sweeter!
So, I am taking this small lesson into the big things in my life, learning to let go, knowing that good people still exist in this world to balance off the ones who forgot that they are also good and trusting the Universe to take care of me despite what "it" looks like
Give thanks
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism