Steppin Out

Steppin' out, steppin' out
Journey through the tunnel of love
Wisdom is respected hatred is rejected Steel Pulse (Steppin Out)

Growth and change are essential and many times painful
Painful because we as humans like certainty, control and comfort.
Anything that is shaky or uncertain gives us humans anxiety and makes us nervous.
Think about it, new job, new place to live, new relationship- we get jittery!
The need to control is real!

Right now in my life, changes are happening like a rapid force, new people are coming into my life, old ones are leaving, different opportunities are coming and others have stopped. And that shit is scary. I have no idea what is going to happen next, and what is wonderful about that scary feeling is that I am always learning and growing and delighted in the unexpected.
The toughest thing for me is when people leave my life! As a recovering people pleaser I analyse and over think the reasons. Truth be told, they have grown and changed, I may have not and vice versa. Resisting what is, resisting the moment as is brings you more anxiety and stress.
So I have been learning to let go, to accept what is, to accept the choices people make and know that is the experience that I am having at the moment and is being brought to me for a reason. Once I do that it is easier to let go
I have had people who I thought were bonafide friends who just disappear from my radar, I ask them, I call them, I text them, FB them and their explanation baffled me - I automatically went into "what did I do?" then at some point I realise that it wasn't about me, it is what it is and let go, feel the feelings and let go, remember the good times and the lessons
Its a challenge.... life's big classroom
And so this week my intention is to let go of control, to live fully in the moment and be grateful for all the experiences knowing that it is for me to express my highest self!
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism