The day after the day after!


So I ask you, my friend, are you willing to go there? Are you willing to sit in fire and sacrifice the comfort of your known world for the potential of something amazing, new and unknown? Don't you want to find out what's on the other side of your fear?  Jackson Kiddard


Today is my last day in NYC, I have 2 events today a brunch with the Southern Connection who made me their person of the month because I was born in San Fernando Trinidad and a dance event at the Brooklyn Academy of Music that Medgar invited me to! I woke up this morning pretty early and went for a run and was just so full up of gratitude for these past days! Giving thanks since then!!

OK, Sisters Uptown Bookstore and Cultural Center book signing last Friday was an absolute dream come true! The space touched my soul, really really did! It was one of the best experiences that I had so far, the owner Ms Janifer Wilson was so gracious and full of wisdom I learnt so much from her last Friday night!
The bookstore is one of the last independent owned book stores in the USA and she is doing what she can to keep it a place of learning and sharing, nuff respect to her and her team!!

OK, I'm off to get ready to start my day!
Have a great one people

Check out http://mysouthernconnection.com/personality-month/
http://www.harlemonestop.com/organization/205/sisters-uptown-bookstore-amp-cultural-center

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism