40 Days of Reflection

You cannot love what you do not appreciate, and fear makes appreciation impossible. Whenever you are afraid of what you are, you do not appreciate it and will therefore reject it. As a result, you will teach rejection. ACIM


Today is the beginning of Lent. Lent is the period of 40 days which comes before Easter in the Christian calendar. Beginning on Ash Wednesday, Lent is a season of reflection and preparation before the celebrations of Easter. By observing the 40 days of Lent, Christians replicate Jesus Christ's sacrifice and withdrawal into the desert for 40 days. They do this by literally "giving up" something. Growing up, most people around me would give up meat and alcohol - just goes to show much we love our wine and swine! 
As I grew older I completely ignored Lent and giving up anything
In my house it was not strictly observed however in school and the neighbourhood, people would be strictly observing and making sacrifices within the 40 days
This year, I decided to give up flour!
Why flour?
Well, in a nutshell I love flour so much in the form of bread mainly, I have somehow convinced myself that I absolutely cannot do without it.Yes, drastic isn't it?
So this period will represent to me a form of discipline, a type of signal sent to myself that I can live without it and all will be well. It is a call to myself that I can do anything that I put my mind to.
Between flour and chocolate- man, it's tough
Maybe next Lent I will do the chocolate withdrawal - no promises!
So wish me luck
I will let you know how it all goes
Peace

Today I am on I95.5FM at 11.00AM TUNE IN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism