Rise

Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
I rise 
Maya Angelo

    The past three days at the Rise TT Women' Conference was uplifting. The US Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago in partnership with the Young Leaders of America and Dingole Limited hosted a three day workshop with young women and young entrepreneurs from throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, sharing stories and learning techniques.
    I have learnt that I thrive in these environments, I learn, I am with my tribe.
   There is something powerful that happens when we get together authentically.
   When we share our stories in an empowering way, when we listen with non judgemental ears we open up to access to our best selves.
   I am supremely grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the village of Rise. I look on with anticipation of what happens next,and even if nothing happens I remain grateful that I was there for the start.

 Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism