Guilt is a Wasted Emotion

Change your vocabulary. Specifically, give up the use of the following terms and all that they imply: blame, deserve, guilt, fair, fault. If you cut those five words from your vocabulary, both in your private thoughts and in your communication with others, you will notice almost immediately that it is far more difficult to fall into negative emotional patterns. You will also discover how habitual those patterns have become. Carolyn Myss

Guilt, I have learnt, is a wasted emotion  particularly when one makes decisions from it. Guilt happens very often when  our core beliefs are questioned and found to be wanting. Found to be not serving us. Core beliefs are usually formed through experiences from home, church, school and experiences. 
Guilt is always disruptive as it engenders fear.
I felt so guilty  on Sunday at the Bodacious Girl Gala about not mentioning the names of all the ladies from the NiNa Programme, there was guilt in not pointing them out more, in not taking enough pictures of them, not spending as much time with them that I felt was required. Then I realised that I felt guilty because of fear that I was doing them wrong. That I was not representing them well. Which was of course, not true. The entire event was about them. 
I have learnt that if all that is done is done with pure and clear intentions, seeds were planted then fear is not a place to make decisions from.

The ladies were happy, they did not have a clue that I was thinking this way, they were having fun. So, I decided to leave the guilt aside, in fact, I will take Caroline Myss's advice and eliminate it from my vocabulary altogether, see what magic happens

Peace

Bodacious Girl Gala Pictures

Comments

  1. كثيراً ما يضيّع الإنسان الكثير من وقته في قراءة كتاب غير مفيد، أو قراءة كتاب صعب بينما هناك الأسهل، أو كتاب سطحي بينما هناك الأعمق.
    مدافن للبيع
    مقابر للبيع
    تحميل واتساب الذهبي
    مقابر للبيع
    خبير سيو
    مصمم ديكور

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism