Letting Go is Not Passive

 A common fear is that letting go might make you passive. We are often so driven by our pain and fear that it is hard to conceive of any other way of existing. The reality is that letting go will not make you dull, and it certainly will not turn you into a pushover, what it does do is reconfigure your mind so that you are no longer carrying the heavy weight of the past into the present. Yung Pueblo


Keeping something/someone in my mind that we believed hurt us, did us wrong, misunderstood us  and rehashing it over and over again has been a pattern and habit of mine for a long time. I even made up stories about how a situation was supposed to go after it had long past. 

Have you found yourself doing that at all? (Don't judge me if you haven't?) 

I found myself going through a mental - what could have been? Formulating what I would say "the next time I lay eyes on that sucker!"

All of those actions became not only futile, but harmful to me- body, mind and soul. Holding on to the harmful past seeped into my psyche.

The alternative was letting go. Surrendering to the fact that the past is gone and the future is not here yet.

Letting go of wanting the past to be different

Letting go of adding guilt to myself

Letting go of judging myself and others

remembering that the letting go was not a reflection of me giving up, it was always an opportunity to focus on moving forward with a valuable lesson in tow!

What are you still holing on to?

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism