Love Yourself Through It

 This is all temporary, love yourself through it - Lalah Delia

Life is such a blessing, a teacher and a guide, all rolled up into one.  I marvel at how much we have the answers we seek within if we would only be still enough to hear and then courageous enough to believe.

Life guides us through the ups and the down's once we are present and paying attention.

Many of us run from discomfort, we hide from it through distractions and making up stories. In my case I believed that pain was some type of punishment. What I have learnt is that pain is the flipside of joy. There are lessons and blessings on that journey as well. The lesson is to stay present,  to be focused , to stop making up stories or punishing oneself. Once I accepted that I am being guided, I was able to make better decisions. Acceptance does mean liking it, it simply meant acknowledging that the situation showed up shown up in my life. Starting there gives me a grounding, then remembering that it is all temporary and to love myself through it.

Life presents us with the guidance we need once we are open and willing and still.

As Lalah Delia says, which is so beautiful.....Journey In Grace.


Peace

Akosua's Latest Book is Available - Now What? The Flipside

Order Now What? on Amazon

Order Now What? at Barnes and Noble

Order Now What? Balboa Press




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism