Journey to Acceptance

 Take the time to make peace between the you that longs to be on the other side of this river, on the far side of the thing you want to create, or the change you want to bring about; and the you that is terrified of what will happen to you along the way, or when you get there. Hiro Boga

Confessions on the Journey - I have struggled with accepting "this is where you are at this moment" whether by divine design or conscious choice, accepting where I am came with feelings of doubt and fear. I always thought that there must be more, I have more to offer, more to give, more, more, more.

Having and doing more is not necessarily a problem or a bad thing, the challenge is what is the motivation behind the wanting of more.

I have learned that coming from a space of "not enoughness", from a space of lack, there will usually be feelings of nothing is ever enough. The feeling of lack transfers into ingratitude because nothing is ever enough.

Creating a life, moving towards one's dreams takes not only doing the outer work, it also requires inner work which centres around having patience, self- belief, listening and following the nudges of the Universe, that inner guidance.

Releasing the fear of the unknown is a process. I started small. Doing things that I fear that I feel took minimum risks, I started giving thanks for it all despite what is in front of me, being grateful in advance for what is to come. I started taking on tasks that scared the shits out of me. I started to pay less attention to what others said and thought about me, started to do less people pleasing.

All of those actions took me on the Journey to Acceptance and I give thanks

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism