Is it Time to Review Your Standards?

 Once we see that living up to our standards appears to be leading us toward self-destruction, the time has come to question our standards - The Six Pillars of Self Esteem  





Hello my friends from the beautiful isle of Barbados. With great humility and gratitude, I am here for 6 days with women from throughout the Caribbean to discuss Social Change and Leadership. 

The invitation came and whilst I was delighted- Confessions on the Journey - I did have some doubt and fear. Doubts and fear both about my worthiness and whether I would be a good fit- perhaps the two are aligned. I also felt that the timing was off based on what was happening in my life at home. My mantra has always been to say yes and figure it out after. Opportunities come to me with good reason from the Most High so who am I to refuse them? 

Saying yes meant surrendering to the process, letting go and trusting. It also provided me with the opportunity to review the standards I had set for myself. To ask myself, were these standards still applicable, were they still working towards the life I wanted to live, are they aligned with who I am? How many of us take the time to review our standards? Newsflash- even when we don't, life is designed to show us when and where we need to take a pause, to carry on, or take a detour. It really is now up to us to decide.

Where in your life has your standards, your beliefs, your habits and patterns is showing you that there is a need, perhaps an urgent need, to self reflect?

Peace

Akosua's Books

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Akosua's Latest Release - Now What? The Flipside


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism