There is a time for everything under the sun

 When a person's different parts clash, such as the self that is our childlike aspect and the self that is our responsible adult, we often end up compartmentalizing or suppressing one of these aspects to ease the conflict. While this may make us feel better in the short run, we would be better off finding a way for these two selves to coexist peacefully inside us. Daily OM



Hello my lovelies

Back here at home, we just came off of a long weekend to celebrate Easter. I took the opportunity to rest and do a new thing. I spent the weekend nestled in the Montsterrat Hills of our beautiful Central Range.

Initially, after checking out what was available, I thought it would cost too much to make this trip especially given the reality of my current financial situation. One part of me believes that how I spend my time is more important than how I spend my money. Time cannot be retrieved, money can be made at another time. The inside battle was real, it only subsided when I embraced a level of surrender and balance. Surrender to the fact that I have different parts of me that make up the whole. And Balance where I embrace all parts of me when making a decision.

Turns out, the weekend was amazing. The place was totally worth it and I had the opportunity not only to rest but to connect with some amazing friends that I have not seen for over ten years.

Lessons on embracing balance:

1. Recognising, accepting and acknowledging that there are many parts that make up who I am, allows for ALL of me to be included in a decision. There is no guilt, abandonment or denial of parts of me. When all parts are embraced, there is a level of peace that is beyond comparison.

2. Thoughts, word and deeds must align to allow for smoother decision making. When they are in conflict, it sends the same conflicting messages to the Universe and manifestation becomes a struggle.

3. How you spend your time forms part of how balanced your life is. There is a time for everything under the sun.

Peace

Check out Akosua's Books

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism