May I be wise enough to recognise the teachers I encounter today

 “I acknowledge and honor the teacher that is my life. May I be wise enough to recognize the teachers and lessons that I encounter today, and may I be open to receiving their wisdom.” Daily OM



Hello Lovies

I finally made it to Guadeloupe. It's been quite a journey! 

The island is lovely, mountains, beaches, rivers running through the main town. Croissants and baguettes have been on the menu! the average bakery serving up treats that I would not even dare look at when I am at home. I am savouring it all.

While in transit from Dominica, I sat and checked the requirements to enter Guadeloupe. I prided myself in having prepared well for the trip, something I usually don't do. Now, with the pandemic, I prefer not to leave it to luck and chance.

As I enter the gates to the ferry which was scheduled to leave in one hour's time, I was told that I needed an Antigen test, travel insurance and a host of other documents that I did not have. Confessions - I got annoyed at the security official and started asking questions, and telling him that their website has something different, all with the intention of proving myself right and him wrong.

He would not budge. I stopped and got back int a grounded position. The security official gave me information on how I can get the required information in just under an hour "if I hurry" 

So began the mad dash to get the required documentation to "get on that ferry"

I was literally running through the streets of Roseau. 

The ferry was late, which helped me immensely. I was the last one on board. After spending more than I anticipated as well.

In the midst of it all I thought....what is the lesson here?

I deduced the following:

1. There is nothing to prove 

2. Stay in your skin- when you jump out of the grounding that you have, chances are its a case of wanting to be right, using your ego.

3. When you surrender, amazing things happen, in this case surrender does not mean giving up, it means doing all the work that you can do and leaving the rest up to the Most High.

4. Do not force anything. Flow

5. Be Grateful - God's grace is sufficient.

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism