Relying only external validation is a slippery slope

 

The minute you stop living to prove is the moment you begin to receive from the Universe

One of the best lessons that I have received on the Journey is "there is nothing to prove"

When I was first introduced to this lesson, I had to question it. How will others know that I am capable, how will they know that I am fit for the purpose, how will I stand out, how will other's know about me?

When I learnt is, focusing on others leaves very little room for me to do my best, focusing on others to the detriment of self plants the seeds for depending on external validation and that is quite a slippery slope. Not everyone will like, approve or be happy for you or with what you are doing.

Proving sends you towards your ego. Your ego wants to be in control, to be right, to compare. This is another slippery slope to being disconnected.

And most importantly, everything starts and ends from within.

The work begins with you believing in yourself, in honoring your self in the way which can lead you to setting boundaries, being kind, authentic and always doing your best.

When this is done consistently, there is nothing to prove because what you do will be evident. Your light will shine brighter and attract everything that you require to do what you need to do. As Paulo Coelho says, all the Universe conspires with you.

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism