The Road is Messy

 

The road is messy, it leads us out of denial and into reality; out of theory into practice; out of our heads and into our hearts Gloria Steinem


I have been writing this blog since 2012, it started off as a way to both document the journeys I was on in Uganda and a method of getting my thoughts out while going through- what I thought then- was the hardest period of my life. Everything that I placed value on was either gone, shifting or changing. My sense of self was shattered because I placed value on material things, external things and other people's valuation of me. When all of it was gone, I was left with me. I used this blog as a journal to share, to learn, to heal.

I wanted so much to be seen, to heal. I look back on many of the posts and thought - wow, I wrote that? sometimes in cringe or sometimes in awe. 

Eventually, the journal turned into the first book that I wrote - "What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love" with many of the stories from this blog finding its way into the book.

Where do you go, what do you do to grow, heal, deal with change that is healthy? I think we all need an outlet of healthy expression, to share, to realize that we are not alone, that many of the situations that we are in are common - we a'int crazy!

Whether it is singing, baking, painting, drawing, writing - see the pattern? It comes from within, it is a solo effort.

Life has certainly changed a whole lot since I started this blog, so many lessons, so many changes, so much growth. I give thanks for it all because of it I am here today. I think its why I am still writing this blog, there is always change, healing and growing to do.

Thank you for continuing with me on the Journey, I appreciate you.

Peace

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Redefinition of Lose