Your Mind is a Powerful Tool of Creation

 The moment in front of you is not bothering you. You are bothering yourself about the moment in front of you. Michael Singer



Over the past week I have been paying attention to the self talk and thoughts that surface. It has been an amazing realization to me what I think about, what I tell myself and how I speak to myself.

When I found myself in the endless cycle of thoughts and words that bring me harm I stopped, I said to myself- wow look at that? you are thinking these thoughts again, and saying that to yourself again. These two actions stops the thoughts immediately. I then get the opportunity to pause and start again.  I may have to do it many many times in a day. I have noticed though that when I do pay attention and see or feel the thought coming I can shift quicker.

I firmly believe that thoughts become things and how we speak to ourself opens a pathway for how others speak to us. The famous line "what were you thinking?" bares out in our actions, in our daily living.

We are so powerful. What we focus on in our minds consciously or unconsciously will inevitably become a  lived experience.

When I notice myself thinking thoughts that are not only unproductive but harmful, it impacts on how I show up, on how I respond and of course on how I feel.

The practice has also been when I pay attention and pause, I can focus on the thoughts which can create the life I DO want to live. I shift to thinking about the visions, goals and feelings that I want to cultivate in my own life. It is a practice. When I slip back into the habits of unconscious thoughts, my life reflects the unconscious results.

Confessions on the Journey - this process has not been for the faint of heart. It has required me to be disciplined, to forgive myself and others, to accept what is and to let go. 

There were times when I felt angry and frustrated because I wanted to act on the thoughts in my head, I wanted to make someone pay,  I wanted to change things- all of which I had no control of. I had to feel the feelings, and let it go. I had to forgive myself and the other party, I had to be disciplined not to drive my car directly to them and thump them! 

Your mind is a powerful tool of creation- watch your life and see what you are creating. Life shows us.


Peace 

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Redefinition of Lose