Give Your Pain a Place to Live outside of your body

 You gotta resurrect the deep pain within you and give it a place to live that’s not within your body. Let it live in art. Let it live in writing. Let it live in music. Let it be devoured by building brighter connections. Your body is not a coffin for pain to be buried in. Put it somewhere else.~Ehimeora




One of my favourite lessons is "Do not waste your pain"  I cannot remember where I heard it or who shared it with me. It resonated in a deep way. 

Life does not exempt us from its lessons nor its challenges. It does however provide us with tools, guidance and lessons. Our responsibility is to be present and pay attention.

Our feelings and our gifts becomes the guides. When we are in pain, we feel, when we are in joy, we feel. Our gifts guide us back to ourselves. So many of our songs, visual art, sculptures come from wanting to express ourselves after we feel pain, sometimes joy and inspiration too, but mostly pain.

Pain is saying to us, hey, I need you to pay attention. to do something. Ignoring it leads us to be numb, to take our gifts for granted and to miss the lesson. This impacts not just our health, but our relationships and our decisions. 

Add something to the manure to allow it to bloom beautiful flowers.

I wrote a book after divorce - moving the pain from outside of me into the pages of a book. It literally healed me and I pray that it healed someone else.

Did I ever write a book? no! 

Did I consider myself a writer? no!

I wanted to get the pain out.

What are you holding on to that can be placed in your art, your gifts?

Peace and Blessings


Akosua's Books


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism