Staying Engaged when Life is Life-ing

 Here are my top 3 tips to stay engaged even when life is lifing:

  1. Give your peeps a heads up when you'll be hard to reach so they don't worry.
  2. Set reminders to check in if you're prone to disappearing.
  3. When overwhelmed, say that - don't just go silent. People understand.
Stacey Hererra 

I was chatting with a friend today, she said something that made me sit up and pay attention.  She said "Self Isolation can become unhealthy." 
Why did that resonate with me? I spend  A LOT of time alone. even more so when I am going through life's challenges, the ups and downs of what we called lifing. I had to ask myself when she said it, am I self isolating in a healthy or unhealthy way?
What do you mean by that? She said its all in the intention. Are you running or are you healing?

There are times I would go somewhere for a few days, no phone! sometimes to get away from it all and sometimes to go inside myself to be centered. Having that conversation brought me to the realization that setting the intentions for the spending time alone is key. What I learnt is, spending time  alone reflecting, gets me to an advanced space of feeling and believing. Going within before doing anything sets us up for a different level of self respect, self belief and self esteem.

It also takes courage to sit in the thoughts and the feelings. It takes practice to be still. These qualities come in handy in almost everything that we encounter
Courage
Getting Still
Feeling the Feelings

When I isolate to run from others, I remain angry, forgiveness of myself and others becomes tougher and tougher
Grateful for the awareness.

Peace and Blessings


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism